Greetings from Florida! I’ll be staying in Destin for the month of January same as I did last year. During the winter, my photography business slows down and allows me the chance to get away. I’ve got lots to keep me busy though since this is the peak season for my design work. I feel so lucky that I can operate that part of my business from virtually anywhere…thank you Internet!
It’s amazing what a change in environment can do for the soul. Starting my year off in Florida recharges my batteries and leaves me feeling inspired. Today I wrote down my New Year’s resolutions…
- Take better care of myself. Last year, I was completely consumed with growing my business, which I did, but at the expense of my overall health. There were lots of long hours, stress, fast food, and no exercise. This year getting healthy will be a top priority.
- Say “no” more often. I need to get more comfortable turning down some things in order to allow myself more time for those things that truly fulfill me and help me move toward long term goals.
- Put the condo up for sale. It’s time to move back into a house; although our current 180 degree lake views will be terribly hard to part with. Moving is going to be bittersweet.
- New business launches. I’ve got some exciting plans in the works for a few new products and services for both the photography and design sides of my business. Stay tuned! ;)
- Enhance client experience. I’m always looking for ways to improve and personalize my client’s experience even more and have several new ideas that I’ll be implementing over the coming months.
- Expand team. This will be a result of #4 and #5. Over the next few weeks I’ll be hiring some additional help, and I’m hoping that having the extra assistance will help me have a better work/life balance too, which is part of #1.
- Submit weddings and photo sessions to be published. I’m embarrassed to say how long this has been on my to do list. This year I’m going to set up a Two Bright Lights account, which will hopefully be the push I need to start making submissions.
- Streamline workflow. I think this is probably on every small business owner’s resolution list, and I’m no different. We’re all continually looking for ways to do more and work less, right?
- Print more of my personal images. I’m always telling my photography clients how actually holding tangible photos in your hands is so much more meaningful than just viewing them on the computer. This year, I’m going to take my own advice.
- Complete a new photography project. I’m participating in Project Life 365, which is a photo-a-day challenge based on daily prompts that are provided. I’m keeping it simple and just taking iphone snapshots. You can follow my progress on Instagram. Are you participating too? Let me know; I’d love to follow you back.